2/22/2009

Destroyers, Oh My!

Welcome to another delayed installment.

I have been painting, I promise. Well I had to have a little goading from my fiance, but I got the destroyers and heavy destroyers almost complete. Here is a picture of one of the Destroyers, its the same colors as my other models, I am actually quite pleased with these models. There are currently 7 Destroyers and one more still in the box.


Next up are the heavy destroyers. I decided to model them just a little different. Besides the paint scheme being more minimalist, I added a metallic green, and reversed the torso on the destroyer shell. I personally like it alot more this way, it remides me of the Paladin artillary pieces, the big gun needing to be further back for stability.

I also had 11 more Warriors finished. But instead of taking a picture of more warriors, yet again, I decided to post the finished army as of now. So enjoy this large picture. I actually have more scarabs than bases right now, coming out around 13 swarms I believe. Of course I went with the 3 scarabs per swarm, giving me many more.

Thats all for now, I am tired and off to bed to enjoy a good nights rest. I have about three more weeks till the competition. I need to paint a destroyer lord, a tomb spyder, and possibly another destroyer for the competition.

Our Number is Legion

1 comment:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I'm not a big fan of alternate color schemes for Necrons, but once I saw your whole army laid out in that pic... they look really good.

They definitely have a different feel to them.

Nice job and good call on flipping the heavy destroyers around.